Friday, February 27, 2009

SXSW '09: Avett Brothers

I totally messed up the flow of this post.  I wanted to write this up before the festival started.  OH WELL, take life as it comes.  Now I can include videos.  I, obviously, didn't get to go to Austin for this special occasion.  When I saw Avett Brothers on the schedule I got so happy, but sad that I couldn't be there.  They performed during the first couple of days at South by Southwest.  (I must, now, give props to my girl who showed me the light of their gracious music, thanks Katie, you one-upping nazi).

SXSW '09: Avett Brothers "Shame"



This North Carolina based bluegrass/rock band is comprised of Seth  and Scott Avett (guittar and banjo men) and Bob Crawford (stand-up bass man).  They came to UNC's Memorial Hall on Nov 2008.  Concert was SOLD OUT.  Avett Brothers are amaziiinnngg live performers.  

Memorial Hall: Avett Brothers "Go to Sleep"



They have produced 11 albums since 2000.  I and Love and You is dropping this July.  

Avett Bros. are coming back to Raleigh on April 22, to perform at Walnut Creek and Charlotte on the 24th.  Here's a list of their tour dates and locations.



2 comments:

  1. YESSSSSSS my forcefulness made you come to their concert and now you like them MUSICWIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, i'm sad we're not in memorial hall right now. lets go the next time they're in the area. i think i'm using this blog incorrectly cause this is just a personal comment. sorry. TECHIEFAIL.

    ReplyDelete